Etoro Sluit Mijn Crypto .nl
Meldingen
Alles wissen

Realistic solutions

MikeW88
Topic starter
(@mikew88)
Deelgenomen: 3 maanden geleden

First of all, let me say that I fully support this initiative. It's good to form a united front, as we don't stand a chance individually. Also chances might be big that one of us has a legal background. 

I'm interested to hear what you think a realistic and satisfactory outcome is in all this.

On the eToro feed, people mentioned eToro should reimburse the money we once invested, also compensating for any losses. I don't think this is a very realistic goal.

I think more realistically would be:

• Re-open the wallets, so we can transfer our crypto to another wallet.
  • Reimburse our invested money, but only available for trading on the eToro platform (a lot of brokers give cash bonuses when signing up, which can only be used to invest, not to withdraw directly).
  • Freeze our crypto's until DNB has made a decision (however, there's a risk of not getting a 'go' from them).

What do you think would be satisfactory, taking in account the possibilities and capabilities of eToro?

Onderwerp trefwoorden
5 reacties
ESMC
 ESMC
Admin
(@esmc)

Personally I am open to all options you mention above. The point is that Etoro is currently not offering any form of compensation and is simply sticking it to us with complete disregard for the costs we've made for trading with them. It is this total lack of empathy that angers most users I think.

Another option I would like to add to your list is temporarily removing all costs for withdrawing our money from Etoro. If we are forced to open new positions elsewhere, then it seems unfair that we have to pay the usual (high) fees for making our money available.

Beantwoorden
2 Reacties
MikeW88
(@mikew88)

@esmc

To me, this is not a viable option. I'm in the red on quite some XRP and some other crypto, which I think will recover with time. So selling it at this time, even without transaction fees, would mean a significant loss for me. Me and a lot of others invest long term and hold losing positions until we see green. eToro is making this impossible and therefore forcing us to take losses.

Beantwoorden
ESMC
 ESMC
Admin
(@esmc)

@mikew88

I am in a similar situation and therefore also want my positions to remain as they are, just like you. My point was simply that adding a temporary removal of any withdrawl fees to the previous list would be a good idea, because some users might decide to leave Etoro due to their handling of this affair and should not have to pay once more in transaction and conversion fees, which can amount to quite the cost.

Beantwoorden
zol
 zol
(@zol)

When mistakes are done, the entity that makes the mistake should bear the consequences. DNB didn't wake up 2 days ago and change the whole situation. I understood that DNB told them that they can't open the wallets, so that's why that is not a feasible option. 

I like this option that you mentioned:

• Reimburse our invested money, but only available for trading on the eToro platform (a lot of brokers give cash bonuses when signing up, which can only be used to invest, not to withdraw directly).

To be honest, i'm pretty sure eToro is going nuts internally and they will come up with some sort of a solution. They just haven't figured out what that will be...

Beantwoorden
1 Beantwoorden
ESMC
 ESMC
Admin
(@esmc)

@zol

I also like this idea. This option of reimbursing the initial value of our positions and the other option of freezing our crypto assets until Etoro has gotten the required permits are actually my two preferred solutions.

I think the latter would perhaps be most realistic, in the sense that fully reimbursing me for, for example, XRP positions that were openend during the bullrun of 2017 at $3, while it has now lost 95% of its value due to no fault of theirs over the past few years could be a bit much. Although, on the other hand, they are indeed now the ones forcing us to close everything and thereby removing the chance we have of getting out of the red... 

Beantwoorden
Deel:
Schuiven naar boven